The Cost Of Smoking, Quit Now

Recently I was walking. I needed a breather from working online. As I was walking, I could hear the roar of I-5. It wasn't rush hour because the noise was louder. I don't know why they call it rush hour because it is stop and go traffic. I guess it is called rush hour because people rush to the freeway, rush five, stop and rush another five feet only to rush into work late. The speed limit is 60 mph and everyone is going 5 mph. It should be called turtle hour.

Stupid, "they". "They" should get some sense and change things. Everyone's information now a day relies on "they". I vote to call rush hour... turtle hour. Are you with me? We make a change today.

While I was enjoying my break I was thinking about the time I worked a 9-5. Get up, drive 30 minutes or sit in traffic for 30 minutes, work with people who talk about what they drunk the night before and slept someone who was not their spouse, sit in traffic for 45 minutes, eating unhealthy dinner, watch T.V., then to bed all the while smoking a pack a day. All to do again for the next five to six days, four weeks a month, twelve months a year, thirty to fifty years of your life.

Side note: if you smoke... let's do some math.

If you start smoking at the age of twenty and live to be seventy. That is 50 years.

The average price for a pack of smokes is about if you smoke a pack a day is this: $6.50 x 30 days = $195. Now take that $195 and put into an investment with a moderate 3% on interest. $195 x 3%= $200. $200 x 12 months = $2400. $2400 x 50 years = $120,000.

Or take half that $195 and purchase books on investments and increase the bottom line or take a vacation, or pay down some bills or build a business. It just didn't make sense why I smoke for 10-15 years. I am no math major but that is a lot of dough.

Are you wasting away your life?

I hear it all too often of grumbling and moaning about co-workers, bosses, un-meet expectations, not having enough money blah, blah, blah.

It is a funny thing that people do this day in day out of forty-five years and expect something to change. These people change jobs, move to different communities, change churches, get a dog. All the while these people are expecting a fulfillment in life. They expect excitement in these changes and get the same result. Some grumble and have bitterness. They get road rage and just plain out anger and resentment for not chasing their dreams and ambitions.

What a loss. Is that you? I hope not for your sake.

I don't miss sitting in traffic at turtle hour. I don't miss bumper to bumper petty stares of cutting people off. I don't miss it.

When in my old age I will look back and be glad I decided to make a change, a decision.

Well you make that decision to change. Ninety percent from reported statics say you won't.

Is it an easy road for this decision of change? If, ever.

Is it worth it? You betcha!

No one ever told me it was going to be easy. Working a job is easy. You really don't have to think about much. Wake up zoned out. Drive to work and zone out. The work is there for you already... zone out. Drive home while zoned out. Eat food and be zoned out. Veg out watching T.V.

I know because I used to do it all the time. And sometimes I fall into the same ole, same ole and same ole mentality that the majority of society is located.

I get so weary hearing this in people's breath from all the circles of people who I have been around. It is so exhausting and frankly I don't like being around them when they grumble and complain but make no changes or decision to make a difference.

But I do love people. That is why I am willing to change to help other do the same.

If this not you... then don't listen. Go do what is ever that you do...

More articles: http://danielnunn.net.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Daniel_Nunn

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8351106